Endurablend™ protects asphalt and concrete bridge deck pavement surfaces from the demands of traffic wear, freeze-thaw cycles, fuels and de-icing chemicals.
Key features include:
- Superior bond: Bonds equally well to both clean asphalt and concrete surfaces. Protects existing concrete to retard surface, scaling or erosion and limit corrosion of steel reinforcement components.
- Durability: High wear resistant surface, accepts the most common striping and painting materials without adverse effects.
- Freeze-thaw resistance: Resistant to de-icing salt treatments or salt scaling up to 50 cycles, an industry standard.
- Fuel and chemical-resistance: Low voids and low permeability, withstands the corrosive effects of oils, fuels and de-icing agents to better protect steel reinforcement and other metal components.
- Aesthetics: Endurablend™ can be installed in a variety of colors and finishes. Bridge decks can be coated to match existing curbs and sidewalls or can be made dark to absorb sunlight to aid in thaw.
- Skid resistance: Can be installed with various finishes to increase friction and aid in rain water dispersion. A number of stenciled designs can eliminate the possibility of hydroplaning by facilitating water runoff.
- Economical: Faster installation and curing time and shortens lane closings
- Light weight: Less than 1.3 pounds per square foot is added to the deck